View Single Post
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Points: 38,917, Level: 28 Points: 38,917, Level: 28 Points: 38,917, Level: 28

Re: Teen's Rape Charges Dropped Because Victim Kills Self - November 11th 2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
Maybe he shouldn't be considered one by people like us that don't know for sure whether he is or not. However if he did rape her evidence or not to him and anyone who knows that he did it he's a rapist. The fact is though there are some people out there that have not been proven guilty that are certainly not innocent of their crime. Like OJ Simpson for one. Or what about people that get off on techincalities, that you know did it, but becaue of some stupid thing they get off. Or let's say I have a friend who was raped by her boyfriend, but she won't report it. He hasn't been proven guilty in the law, but to me he's a rapist end of story. Or what about people that beat their significant others that are never reported. Just because they haven't been convicted that doesn't make them a abuser.

In the mother's eyes this guy raped her daughter. All she needed was her daughter to tell her so. It doesn't matter if the courts say he is guilty or not, he will ALWAYS be guilty to her. Her reactions are certainly justifiable. She lost her daughter, she's in pain, and now the guy she feels is responsible for her daughter's death is getting off scott free. How the hell would you react? I mean are you seriously going to tell me that in that situation you would say "Oh well since the courts let you off I guess I should too. I mean my daughter told me you raped her, she killed herself over it, but you haven't been proven guilty by the law, so I guess that means you are innocent."
Ok, sure, if he did rape her then of course he is a rapist, technically. But seeing as we have no proof, you do not have the right to say he is a rapist. And I understand the mother's reaction, but when she calms down, I hope she realises how the law works.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 517856 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!