(#5 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: "My Teacher Bullied Me" - November 13th 2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW!USaidSomethingSmart! View Post
She said she wasn't sure who the bully was and was surprised it was the teacher. Assuming other verbal things were said (probably were since she brought a tape recorder), couldn't one identify the teacher's voice while in that teacher's class? That part is a bit odd.

As for what the teacher said, it probably started off as a laughing matter but the content isn't appropriate for a teacher to be saying. It's something you'd say to a friend if you and the friend joust back and forth like that, knowing it's a joke and taking it in good humour. But it's not appropriate and even if others knew it was a joke, this student didn't feel it was.
I think you misunderstood what the beginning of the article was saying. It was saying that she is constantly picked on by the students so she brought a tape recorder to catch the student bullies on tape and was surprised when her teacher became on of the bullies that day.

What I don't understand is if she has it on tape what the school is waiting for. They've got what the teacher said on tape, he can't deny he said it, what's there to investigate?

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin