View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Sleepwalker Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,952, Level: 14 Points: 9,952, Level: 14 Points: 9,952, Level: 14

Telling doctor about suicidal thoughts? - December 12th 2010, 01:36 AM

I'm just wondering if this would be a good or bad idea. I have an unrelated doctor appointment sometime next week (it's not scheduled yet, but I'm thinking of going maybe on Thursday), and I was thinking about telling her about my depression/suicidal thoughts. I'm hoping she can give me some references of places to go or what to do, because I have absolutely no clue and no one else to talk to or ask.

The only problem is, I don't want to be sent to a mental hospital for my suicidal thoughts, so I'm afraid to mention it. I mean, I wouldn't mind going because I think it'd help, but I have three kids at home that I am responsible for at the moment, and it would be a hassle for someone else to have to take them.

So, maybe I should leave out the part about the suicide? Just tell her I've been feeling depressed? I guess it isn't necessary for her to know the details, right? Although... What if she asks? Do I flat out lie? Or just try to make it not sound as bad?

Maybe she wouldn't do anything about it either way... But I'm afraid to take that chance, you know?

So... yeah. I'm just tired of this and want help. Any thoughts?

How far do I have to go to make you understand?
I wanna make this work so much it hurts...
But I just can't keep on giving, go on living with the way things are.
So I'm gonna walk away, and it's up to you to say how far...