View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
John 6:29 Offline
Romans 2:6-8
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18 Points: 17,013, Level: 18

Re: Why is religion, spirituality, and philosophy combined with science on these forums? - December 27th 2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eblouie View Post

In answer to your initial question, religion and science are both attempts to explain how the world works. They both revolve around how people perceive the world. So I think that's why they're lumped together into one topic.
I see science as answering the how the world works, but religion as the answer as to why the world works. I don't see them in opposition. I believe philosophy is getting confused with religion.

"Daniel broke the kings decree, Peter stepped from the ship to the sea, there was hope for Job like a cut down tree... I hope that there's such hope for me... Blind as I've become, I used to wonder where you were. These days I can't find where You're not. Mine's been a yard carefully surface tended, foxes burrowed underground. Gardening so highly self-recommended, what could I have done but let You down? The sun and the moon, I want to see both worlds as one." -Aaron Weiss, mewithoutYou