Thread: Female Advice Preferred: Pregnant?
View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
shimmeringfaerie Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: Pregnant? - January 3rd 2011, 09:54 AM

Ariella, is there a reason why you feel like you can't tell your mum or anyone else? The thing is that abortions are extremely stressful in themselves. And as you've said, you are really scared and really upset right now. I actually think that telling someone older might make you feel better about this. You need as much support as you can get right now, both emotionally and otherwise. If you ultimately choose to have an abortion, they are expensive and someone is going to need to pay for it, so you may have no choice but to tell your mum. They can also take a huge toll on your body and you might need someone to look after you physically afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_fallenangel_xx
If you do decide to get an abortion, which I don't agree with, but make sure that you find out everything beforehand. Someone I know got an abortion and as a result can no longer have kids. They are only 19 and they won't be able to have kids in later years. (it doesn't happen to everyone but it can). Also call into mind the emotional aspects of it as well. I strongly urge you to just THINK about things before you make any decisions.
It's fine that you don't believe in abortions. But I honestly think it's incredibly wrong of you to try and scare a young girl into not having one when that's clearly what she wants. I agree with you that Ariella should think about her options before rushing into having an abortion. But thinking about her options should involve actual medical facts and not stories of how one girl can't have kids anymore supposedly because of an abortion. It's not your place to try and bias her with scary stories and it's certainly not helpful to her right now.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.