View Single Post
  (#3506 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marguerite

Points: 19,635, Level: 20 Points: 19,635, Level: 20 Points: 19,635, Level: 20

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - January 7th 2011, 12:52 PM

Remember those times when we would hang out every single weekend? When we would resort to seeing kids movies because we had literally seen everything else that was playing at the cinema? When I would be at every opening night you had, sitting next to your parents, cheering you on?

I get it. You have orange friends now who like wearing shirts that masquerade as dresses. You drive a car. You're 18. You have important things to do like get drunk off your face and make a fool of yourself on facebook. And I know I'm just your dorky friend who's a girl and who doesn't like to go out and vomit on side walks.

But I miss you. And you're still my best friend. Would it kill you to call once and a while?

To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy