(#24 (permalink)) Old
off to a new life Offline
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,113, Level: 15 Points: 11,113, Level: 15 Points: 11,113, Level: 15

Re: Kenneth Tong Promoting Anorexia - January 9th 2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Well, I'm going to have a different opinion than most, if not all, of the people who post in here...but I'm going to say...that it depends.

No, I don't support products that promote "size 0" women. However, I can understand promoting anorexia. Arguably, there's not much of a difference between anorexia and obesity. Because the US is one of, if not, the most obese countries in the world, it is more acceptable to be obese than anorexic. Arguably, there's not a significant difference between the two. They are both potentially life threatening, and they both carry other heavy potential consequences. And I think that if someone really wants to become anorexic, then that's not my decision to make. We have no problem not telling people to eat so much, but when it comes to not eating...holy shit, you need help! So I think that if you really want to be anorexic, then I don't see why you shouldn't be offer words of encouragement or products that are designed to help you become anorexic. I think that, as humans, we learn a lot when we experience it ourselves. If it takes someone a period of time to suffer with anorexia before they decide to make changes, then I support that. From what my best friend has told me, the Army isn't much different -- they break your fingers, put you in gas chambers, among other things to help you deal with pain in case you were to be captured and tortured. I think that pain and suffering helps us learn. So I don't think that promoting size 0 is the right approach, but I can understand promoting anorexia. Of course, people are probably gonna disagree with me and that's cool too.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because obesity is more accepted does not mean we should accept it or let anorexia become accepted. Also, the problem with letting people willingly become anorexic is that eventually they could lose control and become very sick or even die from anorexia.

With that said, I am completely disgusted with what this guy is posting, but it's totally his right to do it.

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.