(#25 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25 Points: 30,381, Level: 25

Re: Kenneth Tong Promoting Anorexia - January 9th 2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because obesity is more accepted does not mean we should accept it or let anorexia become accepted.
Again, my words are being twisted around here. I NEVER said that we should accept anorexia or let it become accepted. I'm merely making a point that obesity isn't that much different than anorexia, yet it's more acceptable than anorexia. I don't think neither obesity OR anorexia should be accepted. I think the US needs to do the country a favor and get rid of fast food restaurants, the advertisements, and promote healthy food choices instead. So I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
Also, the problem with letting people willingly become anorexic is that eventually they could lose control and become very sick or even die from anorexia.
Trying to prevent people from becoming anorexic willingly is like buying a teenager a car and trying to prevent them from losing control or dieing in a car accident. You can only do so much for someone, but in the end...the only person who can help you the most is yourself. It's obvious in society that just because someone tells us not to, encourages not to do it, doesn't mean that people aren't going to find ways to do it. So this is a weak argument.