Thread: Triggering (ED): Kenneth Tong Promoting Anorexia
View Single Post
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: Kenneth Tong Promoting Anorexia - January 9th 2011, 08:09 AM

If someone is going to be anorexic, I highly doubt reading the stuff that guy posted will cause the onset. It may make it worse but that guy cant be blamed for it. If you tell someone to go jump off the Empire State Building and for whatever reason, they do, you didn't make them do it, they always had the choice to listen to you and the choice to do what you said. The guy isn't offering sympathy to people with eating disorders but he has no obligation to. The beautiful thing about the Internet is if you don't like something, then you don't go to that website, simple and easy. If it's very difficult to do, then block that website.

I haven't heard of this guy before so it doesn't matter if he was on Big Brother or if he's rich or poor. All that makes no difference.

I'm glad that Twitter doesn't delete content because people should be allowed to say what they want and have their stuff still there, and not get deleted if some random person has their poor feelings hurt. If there's something illegal on it, then that's a legit reason to take it down especially if it's distributing illegal things or teaching people how to do whatever illegal act and get away with it. That's a legit reason. Someone having their emotions hurt isn't a legit reason. I'd like more websites to be like that. Reporting the content if it's not illegal involves more effort than simply avoiding the content. If Twitter did delete content, it would just make the guy post more and more stuff as he wants to get a rise out of people. Best idea is let the content stay, have your moment of crying and weeping from the content, get back on your feet and don't go to his page again. It's the simplest way to avoid his stuff so if you like simple, then that's the way to go.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.