View Single Post
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Kenneth Tong Promoting Anorexia - January 9th 2011, 11:28 AM

Encouraging anyone to commit acts of SH, be they via anorexia, excessive eating causing obesity or any other form we care to think of, is surely an attitude we should discourage in the strongest possible form? I understand the arguments concerning choice of lifestyle and freedom of speech, but this isn't remotely to do with a person's choice of lifestyle and freedom of speech is not a ticket to be a douchebag without consequences. What he is in effect doing is encouraging people to develop a mental illness to control their weight and body shape, and as someone who has seen the more serious side of mental illnesses I find that completely abhorrent. I would like to know what the difference is between this and publishing methods of suicide on the Internet.

I'm not sure where I stand on whether his account should be deactivated or not because I don't know Twitter's terms of use, but he should certainly be condemned in the strongest possible terms and perhaps given an opportunity to visit a ward and see up close the effects of anorexia.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.