Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Points: 16,164, Level: 18 Points: 16,164, Level: 18 Points: 16,164, Level: 18

Re: Children learning about religion - January 19th 2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
I can't force my kids to be Christians. If they tell me that they don't want to be Christians or don't want to go to Christian school, I can't force them because forcing them will only turn them farther away from God. However, I am going to raise them to WANT God as much as I possibly can. Of course it's possible that they will turn away anyways, and if so I will still love them just the same (just won't love their decision).

I know tons and tons of parents who raised their kids as Christians going to Christian school and the kids became Christians too, willingly. Of course that doesn't happen 100% of the time, but you can't say that my kids are going to turn away from God just because I send them to Christian school.
I know. It sounded like you were saying that sending them to a Christian school will make them stronger in their faith. But if you are going to indoctrinate them from birth, the plan sounds good.

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti