Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Points: 16,580, Level: 18 Points: 16,580, Level: 18 Points: 16,580, Level: 18

Re: Children learning about religion - January 19th 2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
I can't force my kids to be Christians. If they tell me that they don't want to be Christians or don't want to go to Christian school, I can't force them because forcing them will only turn them farther away from God. However, I am going to raise them to WANT God as much as I possibly can. Of course it's possible that they will turn away anyways, and if so I will still love them just the same (just won't love their decision).

I know tons and tons of parents who raised their kids as Christians going to Christian school and the kids became Christians too, willingly. Of course that doesn't happen 100% of the time, but you can't say that my kids are going to turn away from God just because I send them to Christian school.
I am IN a Christian school at the moment and I can tell you going to a christian school does not guarantee anything. In fact, being surrounded by so many like-minded people can make some people grow lazy in their faith by not being antagonized and having to defend anything, so they grow use to being spoon fed the Gospel and Bible and never having to DO anything to grow. Sometimes being in the world and meeting people with different ideas gives you more to defend your own ideas with.

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!