View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Digilodger Offline
Establishing My Digital Home
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: laptop doing crash memory dumps - January 22nd 2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmisschatterbox View Post
i didnt get a chance to read what it said it did it so quick all i saw was ' windows has detected a fault it is now rebooting to prevent your harddisks from damage' and saw it said crash memory dump and didnt get to see anything else as it then rebooted. it hasnt done it since yesterday morning though, so maybe it was a one off thing ? but i cant be sure, it just seems strange that since i updated msn it did the crash memory dump, which seemed odd, seeming as msn made me update ?

Okay, forget trying to pinpoint the problem. Without those information, it would be really time-consuming to find out. Thanks for clarifying . If it does appear again though, please, please, please write them down. Please!

I don't think that it was caused by the MSN update. I don't have physical access to your computer like your mom's friend, so I can't really check it myself, but I highly doubt that the update could have done something to lead to a BSoD.

But for now, let's begin the general steps anyway. I still don't know what kind of computer you have. Could you please post the general information of your computer? I need to AT LEAST know the operating system (XP, Vista, 7, etc.).

Thanks!

And yes, it could have been a one-time thing. No idea. You're probably better off asking whoever was fixing your computer before. He/she has physical access to your computer, which means there was A LOT of stuffs that he/she could have done on there. He/she would know this better than any of us on here.