View Single Post
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: 90 Pregnant Teens, ONE High School! - January 24th 2011, 06:21 PM

That school is going to have a massive drop-out rate followed by an even larger entrance-rate.

I agree with some of what has been said throughout the thread, the students are to blame because they had sex, presumably with someone around their age and consenting. I cant help though but also direct some blame at the school for not doing a good enough sex ed program. I've been at schools were a few girls were pregnant but the majority weren't, not the other way around. I also then wonder where the parents fit into all this because they should support and help their children, including with pregnancies. It's true they cant be with their kids at school for every minute they're there but somewhere along the lines, I wonder how the parents contributed to some sex ed also. Hopefully the parents will assist in the pregnancies. If it were my child, I'd point them in the direction of the abortion clinic.

Media could play a role in this but whether a particular TV show, whatever the hell Teen Mom is as I've never seen it, I know there are other shows dealing with teen pregnancies as well as movies containing that stuff. I don't know how popular they are but blaming one particular show seems silly because the teens likely watch multiple shows, some of which may also deal with teen pregnancy, teen sex, adult sex, adult pregnancies, hardships, etc... . Plus, there's magazines and websites as well, many of which are dedicated to pregnancies and sex.

And of course the result of all these new mouths to begin feeding is more taxes for people in that area to pay. The only good thing is I'm not in the USA so I won't be paying the taxes for these kids and their future kids. I'm sure Canada has its own mess of this stuff though so I'll be paying for that instead.

Perhaps they could get discounts for abortions if all or most go to the same abortion clinics? Doubt it though.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 567935 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!