(#24 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: 90 Pregnant Teens, ONE High School! - January 24th 2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myss View Post
I highly doubt that girls watch that show and think that.

Do people go and get fat so they can be on tv? Do people turn into drug addicts so they can be on tv? Do people turn into pedophiles so they can be on tv? I really don't think so.
Your analogies don't fit. Obesity, drug addiction, and pedophilia aren't things that are caused by accidents. They aren't things that are easy. Heck being a pedophile isn't even a choice. Drug addiction, that comes from bad choices, but several bad choices over a long period of time. And obesity comes from bad choices and most likely emotional problems over a long period of time. Teen pregnancy is one bad decision and then bam your pregnant. So I very much believe that there are girls out there that see that show and think that having a baby won't be all that bad, or hard, and hey they might get to be on TV and in magazines because of it.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 567935 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!