View Single Post
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
BigBL87 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15 Points: 10,910, Level: 15

Re: Republicans redefine rape for abortion laws - January 31st 2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate* View Post
If there's no definition of forcible rape, why is the term distiguished? Can't we just leave 'forcible' out and say rape is rape?
As I mentioned earlier, think about say a 16 year old girl that gets pregnant by a 21 year old guy. If there is no distinguishing, she can decide that she doesn't like the consequences of having sex, have him charged with statutory rape so that she can have her abortion paid for. IMO, the government should not pay for abortion to be used as a form of birth control, and leaving it at just "rape" opens up the door for that to happen.

I personally oppose abortion in any situation except when the mother's life is at danger because abortion ends a human life. That being said, I also understand that that approach will not be taken by the federal government any time soon, but in any event I don't think that the government should be paying for abortions being used as a form of birth control.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 573232 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!