(#38 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Points: 38,476, Level: 28 Points: 38,476, Level: 28 Points: 38,476, Level: 28

Re: Republicans redefine rape for abortion laws - February 2nd 2011, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

they need to address the issues at least then. Because it's abused more than its used properly from what I can see.

Also: Why? Because you dont agree with it?
The why is that it's exploitation, cold ruthless manipulation, and well, even here on TH itself, I've interacted with victims of such things enough to know the lasting psychological damage that can be caused by such. It's not so much as me not agreeing with it, just that it's...well, not exactly a good thing that some poor teenager is suffering because of some sexual predator. I'd have thought that was obvious.

As for the 'abused more than used' part, well..do you have any proof of that? I mean, you say 'from what I can see', but you don't cite any sort of crime statistics or anything like that, since remember what you see in the media or whatever is just sensationalised reports designed to sell/popularise the media service, usually warped with a bias of some form or another, so it probably distorts the truth.

That said, I don't think there should be legal repercussions for minors having sex with minors.

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 573232 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!