Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Attention Cutting Vs. Being Open - February 7th 2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden89 View Post

I just find it annoying when someone does something such as injuring themselves
That statement right there is so sad to me. Reread that part that you wrote. It annoys you when someone hurts themselves. It doesn’t matter why they do it, they are still doing it.

Quote:

So to me she didn't so much have a cutting problem as much as she did a self-worth and self-esteem issue.
Quote:

I just find it annoying when someone does something such as injuring themselves just because they want attention compared to someone who is injuring themselves because they're hurting.
You even said yourself that you feel that those that are more open about their self harming probably have self esteem issues and self worth problems. You don’t think that is painful to them? You don't think that they too are hurting?

Somehow the same action: self harming, was divided socially into two categories. (Often by those that self harm themselves.) Those that are open about self harm and those that are private about self harm. But at the end of the day, both set of people are doing the same thing. They are both in pain, they both hurt, they both need help and support. There is no “if” “and” or “buts” about it.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~