View Single Post
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Melanie

Points: 11,640, Level: 15 Points: 11,640, Level: 15 Points: 11,640, Level: 15

Re: Milestones before Dating/Marriage - February 9th 2011, 01:34 AM

It's so awesome that everyone agrees about living together before marriage.
Apparently statistics say that couples who have lived together before marriage are more likely to divorce than those who moved in together after marriage. Weird, right?
I think living together is so very crucial. I love knowing what habits my partner has. I know how we work together. We know each other so well, there are no surprises (other than the good kind)when we get married.
I also think that timing depends on the couple. Sometimes you may feel ready, but BEING ready is completely different.
I would marry my boyfriend tomorrow if I had the chance, but financially things are not in order. We've been together for three years, that's a great amount of time to get to know someone and to rule out weather or not you want to be with that person for the rest of your life. However, if things aren't in place yet it may not be wise to get married right away.
And I agree with the above stated, sex before marriage is pretty important for me. I want to know how I work with this person, physically as well as emotionally. If things in that department are lacking, it can cause a lot of strain on any couple, let alone a married couple.

Colours De Moi