(#15 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Points: 46,375, Level: 30 Points: 46,375, Level: 30 Points: 46,375, Level: 30

Re: Tattoo :) - February 14th 2011, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eblouie View Post
I think it's really cool that you want a tattoo. However, there's no need to rush into it, right? I'd suggest waiting until you're 18 and can legally get it done in your state. Last year when I was 16 I really, really wanted a tattoo, but then I decided that I didn't. So it's quite possible that you could change your mind between now and your 18th birthday. You want to make sure this is something you will be happy with for the rest of your life, because, of course, it's permanent. I'm not trying to discourage you at all if this is what you really want, but just keep that in mind and be careful.
I do tend to rush into things, but this is something that I know for sure I want. Philippians 4:13 basically sums up my entire life and it's my life verse. It means the world to me. Also, it will probably be a while before I can get the tattoo since I am going to look at more fonts and stuff. I may eventually have to wait til I am 18.
Part of me wants to wait until I am 18 because I know exactly who I want my artist to be. The artist I want does an absolutely fantastic job. However, I am so incredibly impatient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendi View Post
I think thats a really cool idea for a tattoo. I think the laws just vary from state to state. Like where I live if you have parental consent they're fine with it. Are your parents okay with you getting a tattoo?
You're lucky! My dad is 100% against, but my mom is much more okay with it. My dad doesn't really get involved in things like this anyways, so his opinion won't be one that determines whether or not I get a tattoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myss View Post

Unfortunately, you can't be prepared for it. There is no feeling that you can compare to what it feels like to get a tattoo, especially on your ribs.

One of my best friends has had surgery multiple times and MANY painful medical procedures, and she still almost cried when she got her ribs done. It's not something you can prepare yourself for, because it's a feeling that you've never felt before.
Hahaha I probably used the wrong choice of words there. It might be better if I say I don't care how much it hurts; it will be worth it in the end.

I'm sure they are pretty painful. The lady who recommended me to the tattoo place said that when she got her tattoo on her ribs, she almost cried and she has a really high pain tolerance.