View Single Post
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 22nd 2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post

Web browsing is not an essential for a console, all you need is something to play a game with; adding all this fancy shit changes them from a bog standard console to something more improved; as Microsoft call the system, an entertainment system since they're more focused on the entertainment side of the industry rather than adding a service for internet access.

Had to quote on this one.

I got a question for you dude? What kind of cell phone do you have? Because if you answer anything other than a basic phone that makes/receives calls, this entire argument gets thrown out the window.

Why should it just do one thing? IF they want it to just play games, they would do it. But they are ABLE to do more things that different people want it to. You want something thats just for gaming? Good for you, that doesn't make it pointless to have other shit on it.

Here, I'll go a bit more actually.

Quote:
Now, standing at a typical user who may not be tech savvy they'd assume you just said a PS3 is a computer basically. Sure you never mentioned the 360, but you never said anything positive as you did with the PS3 in that single sentence for the 360.
Just because he didn't bring up the 360 in that argument doesn't mean he was saying its not a computer, he just didn't say it. There is nothing more to this point and your grasping at straws.

Quote:
Okay so your reasoning for this because... You claim it may have more/better features to offer than an Xbox 360, or another console for that matter? So what? Why is the main reason for a person to purchase a console? Oh, to play games, yes there may be other features that persuades the person to get a specific console but at the end of the day it will come back to the gaming more than anything else.
I know MULTIPLE people who have bought a 360/ps3 for things other than gaming, my sister bought her 360 specifically so she could get netflix on it in her room. I know someone who bought a ps3 mainly as a blue ray player, and the fact they have a son came into play because they thought it'd be nice for him to have a console.

So no, YOU buy your console for just gaming, not everyone does.

Quote:
Better yet go to a school closer, or move closer. I mean, it's quite logical don't you think? Oh and then you have the whole financial argument that comes into play so either way the bus or the bike will come back into motion. Money, think about it. Not all of us are upright losers.
Shit, I didn't realize driving a car to school cost more money than completely moving houses.
Also, switching schools is not always a possibility, where I used to live there was 1 elementary school and 1 highschool in the city, and it was a 25 min bike ride for me to get there, sometimes I drove or took the bus, which cost some flow yes.

But it'd cost WAY more money for me to completely move my self, once again, invalid argument.

Quote:
Just so you know, I like it to be the one giving it. So I hope you're good at receiving it. Kudos if you understand what I said there, I'm sure you'd love it anyway.
The only thing you give is a head ache.

Quote:
As I said previously an alternative method besides the PS3.
Such as? an Iphone? A blackberry? An ANDROID PHONE?!

Oh man, the ability to have internet access on the phone is completely awesome eh? But I fucking hate when people want to browse the internet from their console.

Nice argument there man.. Its good for a phone or other device besides a PC to access the internet, but if a console does, oooh thats terrible.

Quote:
Biased because I'm pointing out cheaper alternatives for us people who don't have the luxury of being an uptight loser? Yes, I must be biased then.
Cheaper than free? damn didn't know xbox gave you money for using a 360. someone who browses online there PS3 is losing NO money, not one bit. Even if they bought the system entirely for gaming, they don't loose money being able to browse the internet from the PS3, and still have the ability to game out on it.

But you have to pay money for the ability to game online a 360, with limited access to the internet.

So really, who's loosing money? Someone who's paying nothing but the internet bill and acessing the internet from the PS3 if they are already playing. OR someone who pays yearly for online gaming, WHILE paying the internet bill.

Hmm, which is REALLY cheaper?

And before you try to call me out for being a PS3 fanboy, I've had xbox 360 since release, and owned a Ps3 for about a week before selling it cause I couldn't stand the damn thing.

Last edited by mIssIng:nO; February 22nd 2011 at 04:18 AM.