AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22 Points: 24,318, Level: 22

Re: @Atheists: Do you hate religion? - February 24th 2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mIssIng:nO View Post
1) I never said Jesus being in more than one text makes anything more legitimate, you said something about jesus not existing (or no proof), and I posted other wise. I even said in my post that he probably wasn't a holy man, just a man that existed. Even some atheists acknowledge Jesus' existence
2) Easy there Darwin, I'm not even christian (or any religion I could put a name to, if you care to know). So before you try and be all high and mighty.

You responded with shit that had nothing to do what I said, all i responded to your post was saying.
- There is actual evidence that could point towards a "Jesus" existing.
- Any religious text wouldn't be any less credible if it was written by a mentally unstable person.

Good try though (Y)

Also, you are correct anyone could start a religion, Scientology is a great example.

the part you have bolded was a sarcastic remark so cool it, and yes my post is relivant to what you have said. You ask how does it make it any less legit, and i answered your question (perhaps with another question) but still an answer. and what evidence is there of jesus existing other than books ANYONE could have written. and i hope you didn't take the schizophrenic thing literally, it was an EXAMPLE.
and i won't lie your scientology comment does prove your point but is off track from mine im not argueing self knowledge or any of that "crap" im just saying theres no proof off religion IN GENERAL never mind jesus, that is how i chose to believe so if your trying to educate me or change my mind or anything of that nature (even if thats not what your doing im just letting you know) it's not going to work. I stand by my beliefs. I see religion as false and unrealistic, and illogical. I also believe it does ALOT more harm than good.

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.