View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Xineas Offline
You can call me Daniel
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: is she worth it? - February 26th 2011, 10:01 PM

As strange as it sounds, it might be best to do nothing about it for a bit. It'll give you time to think about it and you'll give her some space and time to think about her actions.

You've been there for her during hard times, you care about her, but if she's a real friend, she would care about you just as much. It's up to her to show you if she does care about you, but it's okay for you to make the first move after thinking about it. After all, we don't want you guys to be unable to even look at each other whenever you meet...

On your part, you have to wonder if she really is a friend. Think back and just let it spin through your head. Has she ever been there for you? Do you feel like you can trust her? Is being her friend worth fighting for? These are all pretty tough questions, so it's fine if you can't answer them overnight.

Think, think, think, think, then act. Unless she's contacted you already, of course.

If you want to continue your friendship with her, let her know you want to meet up and talk. Tell her anything you want to tell her, be honest and be yourself, don't let her walk all over you, as sunkisses already mentioned, because that's far from friend behavior.

If you don't want to continue your friendship, the least you could try is ask her if she wants to sort things out, so that the both of you can stop wondering about the 'what-if's.

Stupid questions do not exist!
Or do they? Nah. Ask and you shall be answered!

Since March 16, 2011

My parents have been divorced for 12 years. If you're stuck in the middle, feel free to PM me!
Social Group for people with Divorced Parents