View Single Post
  (#251 (permalink)) Old
actingpassion123 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Laura

Points: 11,119, Level: 15 Points: 11,119, Level: 15 Points: 11,119, Level: 15

Re: Do you have a mental illness? - March 3rd 2011, 04:47 PM

When I was in the hospital I was diagnosed with Severe Clinical Depression, PTSD, and Psychotic NOS (for illogical thinking). Since then I was also diagnosed with Anorexia which turned into EDNOS (Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified). I think the PTSD is a whole lot better. The Psychotic NOS is dealt well with medication. The depression and EDNOS is pretty sucky at the moment.

I did face discrimination because I went to a small high school and everyone knew when I went to the hospital. People would talk about me behind my back and I never got voted onto the Student Council or Honor Council again. I've also been discriminated against by doctors when they see my medication list. But, through all of this I've realized who my true friends are. Who I can rely on no matter what. It's also helped me in finding the right doctors who truly care.

I have become a lot stronger (all though it doesn't feel like that at the moment). It's also really inspired me to help people that go through this things. I now want to be a counselor.

God, grant the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know that difference.