View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: To all those who have been bullied, Do you believe it effected the way you function at school? - March 3rd 2011, 08:54 PM

Yes, I do.

I remember a time i used to love school. Especially primary, because once you started getting towards the end, people began to come out of their shells, including me. But when i went to high school everything went wrong.

Because of the bullying I believe it has affected my social skills. I feel so scared to talk to new people, that often I would rather sit on my own and not ask for help with work. It has gotten to the point where, alot of the time, i'm afraid to raise my hand in class in case i get the answer wrong, or even right, and get laughed at because of it.

Occasionally i have felt the need to stay home, but i try my best to go in with it being my last year so therefore a very important one. In primary when i had problems in about year 2, i took a while off because i was just scared of crying everyday like i had been.

Now I just put in some earphones, or ignore everything and get on with my work. Unfortunatly, it has made me paranoid so i get upset a lot over something that is really nothing, and this also affects my school life as my mood has a lot to do with what i do during lessons.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff