dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: @Atheists: Do you hate religion? - March 8th 2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
more blood has been shed over God than anything else in the history of mankind.
If I had a pound for every time someone has rolled out that claim, I would be laughing all the way to the bank now. Regardless of the interpretation you apply to history, that simply is not true. The First and Second World Wars killed more people than any other conflict in human history and had nothing at all to do with religion, as did the overwhelming majority of European conflicts which were mostly down to who insulted who in which court and monarchs using their armies in retaliation. Break the causes down to their most basic and you come up with human greed and lines on a map, which would only really be resolved if you remove the notion of land ownership or possession altogether. In any event, it's not God that has inspired such violence - it's simply a convenient excuse, and if we humans are good at anything it's finding convenient excuses.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick