View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

Re: What are you thoughts on dating services? - March 9th 2011, 03:57 AM

I have been trying online dating for over a year. The first time I went on a date with someone I met on one of the sites she just wanted to take advantage of the free meal, after the food she took off and later left an offensive message on my phone. The second time I thought I had someone after a nice day together she stole something from my home without my knowledge before mysteriously leaving and I never heard from her again. Also I have setup dates and been stood up by several fakers too. In addition there are several sites that like to extort you of your money, with setups where you have to pay to send a message to someone, but at the same time the recipient also has to pay to read and send messages (so essentially you are talking to a wall). So you also have to make sure to pick sites that aren't strictly for-profit, such as eHarmony, Speeddate, Zoosk etc. Sad so many companies are setup to take advantage of basic human desires for love and affection. Online dating has it's good sides, as it seems people aren't really open to socialize in public much these days, but at the same time there are so many negative things you need to keep your eyes out on.