View Single Post
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Digilodger Offline
Establishing My Digital Home
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: A Facebook Account - March 16th 2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicslife34 View Post
I don't know if I like it or anything but I'll keep you posted. But now I wanna change the topic. What do you all think of facebook? Have you had fun in there? Or any bad experiences? Your overall view on Facebook.
A few advices:
1. You might want to enable HTTPS on your Facebook account right now. If not, a really bad experience might be waiting for you at the moment you use a public wifi like at a cafe, library, etc. It's NOT hard to intercept your unencrypted connection with tools like Firesheep, you know.

2. A private profile would be a nice choice, as well as limit whom you become friends with. One of the worst things that could happen is to be found by your employer(s) or potential employer(s) on Facebook. You want your employer(s) to see your LinkIn profile where everything is professional, not your Facebook profile where your drunken Friday night picture might be around.

3. Brace yourself for some drama, . No, seriously, brace yourself for some drama. You seem to be the type who would fall into peer-pressure just to be more "popular," which almost guarantee that sooner or later you would run into some FB dramas. Hope you are mentally prepared by then; good luck!

Last edited by Digilodger; March 16th 2011 at 07:06 AM.