View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
jenpiglet17 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jen

Re: My Mum Is Verbally Abusive - March 20th 2011, 02:53 AM

Hey! I'm proud of you for not hurting yourself You're never alone here

I'm sorry to hear about the things your mum does The alcohol, depression, and anti-depressants are one heck of a combination that doesn't mix very well. Your mom sounds a bit like my mom, but minus the alcohol and anti-depressants... I had this happen with my mom before I moved out, and even then, I was "abandoning" her. Sometimes, having distance between each other makes people realize what they don't have anymore. (like a relationship) You said you didn't like the idea of Social Services? How come? Just curious Counselors are here so we can someone who we can vent to in person if we don't have someone we trust to go to. And you wouldn't be letting go of the past you've had with your mum Nothing can ever take that away from you Social Services almost took me away with my mom too. But that thought just made her worse, because it was my fault that I brought them into the picture. However, they can make people to go to counseling in order to keep their kids, or some other alternative. They do keep you in mind too! Don't let anything stop you from getting what you deserve. It can be a long and very hard road, but in the end, there's always something good from it. Your mum is never going to be out of your life completely if you don't want her to be.

As for taking a walk, I like that idea!! I know it might be a little silly, but maybe take your cat on the walk with you! They have collars and cat leashes at pet stores!

Hope this gives you a bit of a start! I'm always here if you want to talk! And remember, you're #1 in your life that you have to look out for. Do what you think is best for YOU first

A computer once beat me at chess,
but it was no match for me at kickboxing!

I'm always here if you want to talk!