dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: Athiesm and Religion are exactly the same. - March 25th 2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mIssIng:nO View Post
In the end (and this is just my opinion) Religious titles are the be all and end all of hate in this world. If Christians, Mormons, Jews and Muslims all dumped the tag and decided that maybe the text they follow was guidelines and not a fucking manual to how life should be lived, we wouldn't have had wars and crimes committed agaisn't one and other that we so did in the past.
This is perhaps the only part of your post I find properly contentious. Hate is quite distinct from religion and exists in demonstrable form quite happily without it - it is after all part of human nature and requires no recourse to divinity for its existence or application. Were religion not available as a convenient differentiating factor and thereby excuse, another one would have been found. Human history demonstrates that all too clearly.

Otherwise, I agree with the overall message of your post even if some details are perhaps less sturdy - blindly following any belief system or philosophy without the use of critique or consideration of its tenets is always going to end badly, and it is something people on all parts of the religious beliefs spectrum could do well to remember.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick