View Single Post
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25 Points: 30,209, Level: 25

Re: To all those who have been bullied, Do you believe it effected the way you function at school? - March 27th 2011, 11:55 PM

One of the main reasons I got bullied was because of my high grades, along with having a "weird accent", saying words in a different sounding, etc... . Despite my parents coming home late and being out of the province, country or even continent quite frequently, so my grandmother, who spoke poor English, when it came to the teacher giving one-on-one literary tests, I got the highest, hell, I was scoring in ranges higher than grades above me were scoring. Math was about the same, it was the reason I got to skip grades and got bored in class. I was doing math work outside school at much higher levels because in school, it was boring. By the time in grade 4-5 the class was learning how to add fractions with the same common denominator, I was finishing dividing fractions with different denominators.

This was one of the common reasons I got bullied and people in higher grades were pretty annoyed, some tried to beat me up to have my grades lowered. I ended up laughing at them and used it as motivation to do even better and maintain on the Dean's list throughout school and high-school.

The only negative effect, although it could have been from genetics from my father, I had one hell of a temper, I got annoyed of being beaten up but I knew I had no hope of winning a 8-1 fight. A few days later after I had time to lick my wounds, I intentionally got some of them angry so they'd come at me and I'd run to the usual area where kids other than myself got beat up but I had set a "trap". In the end, they came swinging and I had my stuff set up so I became the bully. I thought it worked but some would attack from behind in a coward-like way so I figured the way for me to not get beaten up was to show no mercy. Unfortunately, the result was I developed a hair trigger and it took not much to make me so angry, everything in the class got ignored and all my rage got focused just on them. To the teacher, I was staring off elsewhere so they'd tell me to pay attention and the bullies still got a chance to laugh.

From some stuff that happened at home, I eventually was able to simmer down my anger and became quite skilled at winning against not only the bullies but certain others, using psychological non-physical ways. I was able to control my anger much better, suppressed feelings, gained confidence and quickly was able to become "popular", make more popular friends, get with the females more, etc.. . I felt better about everything and any attempts to bully me either got laughed at, used at motivation to get higher grades or I psychologically got the upper hand and only let go once they dropped far down. I was taught at home that you'll need to step on people to be successful so don't whine about doing so, and I did.

End result was bullying made me better academically and challenged me as a person to become better.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)