View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Imi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Imi

Points: 8,065, Level: 13 Points: 8,065, Level: 13 Points: 8,065, Level: 13

Re: Cutting off from family? - March 28th 2011, 08:34 PM

Hi there,
I live in England but I presume things aren't so different here as they are for you. I moved out when I was 17, and still have semi-regular contact with my family, although we mostly speak online. I really would not recommend moving out unless you are at risk of being, for example, physically or mentally abused in a big way - I live on my own in a flat and manage my own bills, food etc, and sometimes I don't have enough money for a decent amount of food, or my electricity or heating runs out, and I feel very alone sometimes because everyone else seems to at least have a family who cook for them, clean for them...long story short, unless you're being physically or mentally abused and feel you literally cannot cope any longer, I would not recommend for example living in your car - life will take a turn for the worse as you will not be well off, will feel depressed due to your situation - and relations with your family, as is often the case, often get better the further you are from them, ironically - so why not wait until you're in a decent situation to live away from home, instead of getting out the second the law says you can? I speak from experience but of course I don't know exactly what your situation is. Message me if you want to chat. All the best. XXX

Imi --x