View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 15,685, Level: 18 Points: 15,685, Level: 18 Points: 15,685, Level: 18

Re: Cutting off from family? - March 29th 2011, 01:20 AM

I graduated high school at 16, came to a university on the other side of the country, is now living a significantly different life than before. I cut my mom off not too long ago, and my dad (who is the sole legal guardian) knows not to interfere with my life, so we are on respectfully good terms. I still need him around for a little while to sign off my student loans, but that's really all there is to it. If I didn't respect him as a person and consider him someone worth getting to know, completely irrespective of the fact that we are related, I'd easily see myself losing contact with him in time as well.

Everything is possible. But moderation, patience, and sound judgment are very important qualities to have. Whenever there is a will, there is a way. If you are convinced that leaving home early will give you a better future, and take concrete, informed steps towards 'proving everyone wrong', then you will be successful. If on the reverse, if you are acting purely out of emotional reactions without any deeper insight at the core - I will not repeat what has been said many times over already.

Spend some time listening to yourself, calmly.

Best of luck.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.