View Single Post
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Points: 11,565, Level: 15 Points: 11,565, Level: 15 Points: 11,565, Level: 15

Re: Do you have a mental illness? - February 22nd 2009, 10:11 PM

I have been diagnosed with depression, a few years ago. I was put on medicine and this past summer was taken off the medicine. (yay!)
The closest to discrimination that I have gotten was during German class, some people were calling my best friend emo. (Oh, I had/have a problem with cutting) She decides to say, "I'm not literally emo. If you want to call someone emo who really is emo, then you'd call Emily emo." Needless to say, I was pretty damn pissed and left class.
Once I started high school, I became a heck of a lot more talkative. I am pretty much non-stop talking now. And I think that's because my depression made me scared at my grade school to talk and now that I'm somewhere different, I'm not afraid to be myself because it's easier to find people who are like me. (Not in the depression way, more personality-wise) I do relate this to learning from my depression because if I hadn't had depression, I probably never would have been willing to talk because I never found the need to until I was in high school and wanted to find something there that I enjoyed. However, that would have been hard if I had never talked.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.