View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Points: 12,065, Level: 16 Points: 12,065, Level: 16 Points: 12,065, Level: 16

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook vs Apple Ipad 2? - April 1st 2011, 04:54 PM

I'd definitely say go test both of them out too so you can get the feel of both. Go try seeing the quality of both-test the audio, video playback, camera quality, touch, typing, applications, multitasking, and more. Spend at least 30mins play testing each-this is so that you actually get a feel for it and you aren't just pressing a few things and leaving.
I just noticed that the Playbook is something you'd have to pre-order...I'd say wait till you can physically test it before you decide to get one.

Few comments for you to consider:
-keyboard: would you use the on screen keyboard? Or would you buy/take around a physical keyboard? I have seen some iPad users bring a physical keyboard with as well as a stand to take notes in class.
-Screen: iPad is bigger and just a bit more heavier, BUT iPad is a LED-backlit while Playbook is LCD
-cost: check the cost of the model that you would want. Build your own online and see where the total is at

Notes if you decide to go iPad:
-Flash: I just read a way around it. If you use Skyfire as your web browser, flash will "work". The way it does this is takes what is in flash and codes it into HTML. I am not sure if it will work for movies (go in and test it out)
-GO TO THE STORE: go in and ask the employees about your questions. Of course they will try to sell you the iPad, but go in just to see what they say. I'd say you should do this for the Playbook as well (whether you have to call or go to some place like Best Buy).

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope