View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! Offline
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: How will smoking weed affect me? - April 14th 2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Marijuana is NOT physically addictive, as has been said, but the habit can be difficult. Thus why the suggestion to keep is as a weekend thing instead of an everyday thing is good.
Not necessarily. For most, yes it is psychologically addictive but there's some evidence of tolerance, which is only found in physiological addictions. However, it's been found only in people who smoke very high doses for a long time. But because things aren't easy, there's no agreement on this as other studies found there was no tolerance. In sum, because so many studies have found both results, it's viewed as generally psychologically addictive until you smoke at very high doses for a long time, where it MAY become physiologically addictive as well. For these same people, they MAY experience withdrawl-like symptoms, also characteristic of physiological addictions.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 625545 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!