Thread: Triggering (Abuse): Is this rape?
View Single Post
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19 Points: 17,794, Level: 19

Re: Is this rape? - April 16th 2011, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post

However changing my mind doesn't constitute rape and I know this because I'm not so weak minded that my response to being asked a few times to have sex would be to agree rather than to leave the room. As I've said before... if you are so scared that you feel you should just 'give in' rather than attempting to leave, there NEEDS to be a reason for you to feel like that.
Provided I read this right then actually I disagree, there does not need to be a rational reason why you don't want to have sex with someone, it could be that you aren't in the mood, or that you are genuinely scared...if you were harassed or coerced into having sex when you say no at first, then it is counted as rape. I actually looked rape up on wikipedia and looked down to the "consent" part of the page. It said this

"Consent need not be expressed, and may be implied from the context and from the relationship of the parties, but the absence of objection does not of itself constitute consent. Lack of consent may result from either forcible compulsion by the perpetrator or an incapacity to consent on the part of the victim (such as persons who are either intoxicated or otherwise mentally helpless) " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape#Consent

Now I read this as you can have sex without physically saying YES, but the absence of objection does not automatically mean yes...and consent can be implied from the context. Now if someone says no, no, no, no, okay fine - It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that this person implied they were not keen for sex, and it was the persuasion that made them - or 'forcible compulsion'