Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Points: 21,912, Level: 21 Points: 21,912, Level: 21 Points: 21,912, Level: 21

Re: why is cutting bad? - April 26th 2011, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
So it is technically dramatic, but it's a necessary feeling to some people and I'm no exception. I didn't mean to cause controversy, I'm only stating my own opinion as you have.
Sometimes, the way something is said can be very upsetting to people, and should be put in a more delicate way, as most people are quiet sensitive here (as I've observed). Without explaining why you think it is dramatic, sometimes, it can cause a bit of a stir is all. Although, I do respect your opinion and I'm glad you put it out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
I didn't mean "overplayed" as in attention seeking or whatever, I meant it as more of an expression of "people will worry more about cutting than what's causing it" kind-of-way.
Like I said before, it will be less hitting to a person when it is explained like the way you just did. It makes it easier to understand. Overplaying, like I took it could be taken as attention seeking, etc, and this may seem like an attack to the people who do SH. On occasion it could sometimes trigger people to SH more. That's why. There are many ways of interpreting something, so for minimum misunderstanding, making a little clearer will help.

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011