Thread: Triggering (Abuse): Can I really be pregnant?
View Single Post
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Can I really be pregnant? - April 28th 2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythan View Post
An abortion, as cruel as it may seem, will prevent many uneeded situations both for you and the child. If you or your family are unable to take care of the child and put it up for adoption, you never know who your child may get as a parent. If you decide to keep it and they get older and ask who their father is, do you really want to have to go through the emotional stress of telling your child they are a rapist's child? All that seems a lot more cruel than abortion to me.
Adoption doesn't mean you just give you baby to an agency and they supply the family for you. You can choose the family, meet them and make sure that they're the right people to care for your child. Also, to even be considered to be adoptive parents, they have to go through extensive background checks as well, to make sure they have no criminal backgrounds, etc.

I do agree however that having a child at 11 can be risky. But, if she doesn't feel comfortable with having an abortion, and she wants to take the risk, we shouldn't as no one else should, push her in that direction.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011