View Single Post
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Why is it cool to get pregnant - May 16th 2011, 02:50 AM

Teens who get pregnant are whores? Wow, a little bit harsh much.

How about the teen girls that are raped and get pregnant, are they whores? How about when the condom breaks, are they whores? I simply think saying all teens that get pregnant are whores is a little bit overboard. There are some that do have sex with the sole intention of getting pregnant, but that's not all teens.

I'm not trying to offend anyone here either, but I in no way think it's cool to get pregnant as a teen. TV shows like 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom often make getting pregnant at such an age look 'cool'. They see these girls getting pregnant and getting their own TV show. It's happening a lot more often because parents are becoming increasingly scared of talking to their children about sex and birth control, and often times, teens don't even understand what the definition of contraception is. That's hardly their fault, but to an extent, it is.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 641789 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!