View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
LazzaBeep Offline
Nothing Is Impossible :)
Not a n00b

Name: Laura

I just want to help... - May 20th 2011, 10:53 PM

I have left a few posts about my family life, as it is very hard to deal with at the moment.

My 10 year old sister had ADHD. She was diagnosed at the age of 6 so we have been dealing with this for almost 5 years (she is 11 in a few months). She is currently awaiting tests for Autism.
I am actually scared to say anything in my home because the slightest thing can set her off. For example, the other day, my mother asked me to clean the sitting room. My sister had left her school shoes on the floor and I simply put them in her bedroom. When she found out, she went mental. She punched and kicked me and cried and screamed for an hour and a half.
This is hard to deal with on its own...

Then a few weeks ago my mother went really ill and was admitted to hospital. She has Diabetes and needs a lot of help at present. Trying to help mom with my sister and around the house, as well as trying to juggle my college work, my university applications, finding a job and my social life, its really hard for me to deal with.
As well as all of this, I have another sister who is 14. She is also finding this hard to deal with but unlike me, she physically can't share her feelings. She shuts herself down and only leaves her bedroom for school. The only time I see her smile is when we go to our dads, every other weekend (my parents divorced when I was 5 and she was 1. My 10 year old sister is from my moms second marriage)

I want to do something to help everyone. As I speak my mother is sleeping on our sitting room sofa because my 10 year old sister won't go to bed. It is tiring her out and it is not good for her condition.
I just don't know what I can do to help...

Do You Take The Non-Believers, Because I'm A Non-Believer

There are 6 billion people in this world. But sometimes all you need is 1.

Send a message via Skype™ to LazzaBeep