Perplexity Offline
Per sempre <3
I've been here a while

Name: Shaz

Points: 28,963, Level: 24 Points: 28,963, Level: 24 Points: 28,963, Level: 24

Re: Doctor? - February 26th 2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella.x View Post
Thankyou all for the support. I think I'm definately going to try and talk to my doctor about it. I've been feeling like this for so long. I just want to be happy again.
What's likely to happen when I talk to my doctor about this? I'm so scared :/
I went to my doctors about my depression last year. It takes a lot of courage to go to the appointment and face your fears of talking to someone about it. But you don't have to suffer alone with this. You can feel happy again. Doctors will try and help you the best they can.

When I went to my doctor, I was a nervous wreck, to put it simply. The doctor asked me general questions like: "How long have you been feeling like this?", "When and how did it all start?" and we talked about symptoms of depression. He asked me a question that I didn't want to answer and he didn't make me say anything I didn't want to say. Doctors are understanding and you could tell them at the beginning of the appointment that your scared and they will understand.

Going to the doctors with someone for support can be a big help. I brought my mum along with me to my appointment for support. Is there anyone you could bring along with you? It might make things a little easier?