View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Points: 20,004, Level: 20 Points: 20,004, Level: 20 Points: 20,004, Level: 20

Re: Picky Eating Disorder - June 13th 2011, 04:03 AM

My mother is similar. She can't eat certain foods based on textures. She can't eat any form of meat unless it's chicken, and that cannot have skin or bones and it has to be cleaned meticulously to the point she won't eat it if she has not cleaned and prepared it. She can't learn about the process of making food, i.e. cheese, or it puts her off it completely. She cannot eat anywhere where she does not like the smell. And so on and so forth. For her, this, in addition to everything else (I am positive she has some other form of an ED), does compromise her health. But like my sister? She's an extremely picky eater but based on what she'll eat or substitute it with, she remains quite healthy. I think whether it needs to be dealt with or doesn't has to do with your health. If it's affecting your health or otherwise affecting your ability to perform in this, this, or that, then I would deal with it. If it's not, then quite frankly, I would say you fall into the category of people who are just picky.

If you feel you'd like additional support or to speak further with me, you can contact me through my personal Tumblr, Love Like An Hourglass (click), or PM me through TH.