View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Strange Webs of Emotions (Please Read) - June 17th 2011, 09:42 PM

Hey!

Sounds like you're into the herbal medicine stuff? Hold on a second, and I'll find a good website... And... Voila!

Well, my standing on the whole antidepressant thing is a little biased. I don't think that antidepressant should ever be given to anyone. Why? Because antidepressants can actually cause suicidal thoughts and behaviors. Many killers have also been on antidepressants at the time they began killing... And many of them got lessened penalties for it, because the people convicting them knew that the prescriptions they were on could cause them to want to do this, or feel that it is acceptable to do it.

I also think that antidepressants are often unnecessary, because depression can -- with professional counselling -- be overcome, and sometimes even without that. I was depressed to the point of near-suicide two years ago. Now, I'm happier than I've ever been. And I know what true happiness feels like, and I'm more mature than most my age, because I've been through those things.

Now, I know what a lot of people are going to say to me, because I've been told the same things many times before. So don't get too angry at me for agreeing with the OP's mom on this one.

And like the above poster said, someone to vent to and talk to about these things can help immensely. Don't take antidepressants until you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you need them, and don't give into people telling you that you NEED to take them, because it's most certainly not true.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.