View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
chook14 Offline
♪ itchin' on a photograph ♫
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ella

Re: Male infertility :/ - June 22nd 2011, 04:26 AM

Hey Charmbraceletxo,
Don't worry, I did not find your post in any way offensive :P. You were just telling your story..If people do take offense to that then they do not have to continue reading, or post a reply. And I agree - as women who have a right to choose, we should be able to mention the word abortion without being reprimanded! To answer your question, I don't think you would need to start home remedys until you actually start trying to concieve. At the moment I wouldn't worry. It is kind of unusual that you haven't been pregnant yet, considering you don't use contraception...small amounts of sperm are released throughout sex, not just when a guy ejaculates at the end, so withdrawing early isn't a 100% safe method. It could just be that you're not having sex when you're obvulating though, which is the prime time to get pregnant! Losing weight would definitely help his fertility level. Men who are overweight tend to have a reduced sperm quality. This can be because of hormone imbalance, or increased body temperature. Here's some info: http://therotundaramblings.wordpress...y-and-obesity/ I think the best thing to do would be to talk to your partner about your concerns, and see if he'd be comfortable talking to a doctor about coming up with a weightloss plan. Not only could that increase his fertility, but he'll feel better about himself and you guys will have a happier, healthier lifestyle But I don't think it's anything to panic about right now...if you start trying to concieve with no luck, then you could get a doctor to test his sperm. Good luck with it all!

"He who does not weep, does not see" - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables.

<3