View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: A friend and I can't hang out any more because or religion - July 4th 2011, 12:19 AM

Maybe her mother doesn't want her daughter around you because of your brother's drug use, not because of your religious differences. I mean, SOME people will keep their children away from "non-believers" because they fear they'll be "bad influences" on their children... but perhaps there's something more obvious that's causing her mother to distrust you and your family.

If her mother can't trust her daughter to be around you, then why not ask if you could visit your friend instead? Her mother could supervise your visits and therefore have more "control" over what her daughter is exposed to. I'm not going to tell you to be something you're not, but I do suggest being respectful (as you always have been). That means watching your language (her mother may be bothered by ALL cursing, not just using the Lord's name in vain). That means avoiding certain topics of discussion and certain activities - you'll learn that there's a time and place for everything, and saying and doing certain things in certain peoples' houses may not be wise in every situation.

If things can't work out with this friend, then I suggest giving her an open invitation to hang out with you whenever she can. After that, stop wasting your time on a hopeless cause and spend time with other friends, or make new ones. If you don't have the means to meet new people, then why not take up a new hobby or two, ones that will allow you to get out of the house and meet new people via instructional classes, recreational activities, etc.? It's the summer, so make the most of your time! =)