View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
shimmeringfaerie Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19 Points: 18,257, Level: 19

Re: People keep asking me if I am pregnant - July 5th 2011, 06:53 AM

Honestly, some people are just really uneducated. Personally, I have no idea how someone can't tell the difference between pregnant and not pregnant. There is a massive difference between being curvy and being pregnant. But apart from that, it's just rude to ask someone if they are pregnant, especially when you don't know them personally. I'm really sorry that you have to deal with such rude people.

Unfortunately, unless you can change your work clothes, there might not be much that you can do about it. You say that it could take weeks for new clothes to arrive, but could you wear a basic black top (or similar) to work instead? Or is there a possibility that there is a different reason for them asking if you are pregnant? Like you've recently been married and they're just assuming that you'll have kids straight away or something?

Apart from that, you need to just ignore them or come up with a witty comeback. Like you said, there is nothing wrong with your body or how you look. Keep reminding yourself that there are plenty of healthy, curvy women who are gorgeous and that you are one of them. Your customers are definitely the ones with the problem.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.