View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Points: 53,926, Level: 33 Points: 53,926, Level: 33 Points: 53,926, Level: 33

Re: Online dating - July 28th 2011, 06:59 PM

I'd suggest going for an extended visit, or having him come for one, before making a permanent move. Talking to someone daily, even with the advantages of webcam, is very different than living with them.

You'll find that some things are harder to adjust to than others--sharing a bed, getting to go out, that's the fun part. But what of his "bad" habits? Maybe he doesn't put down the toilet seat or leaves dirty laundry all over. You might think "I love him, I'll get used to it"--but patience only goes so far when you are accustomed to living one way, he another, and you're trying to fuse those lifestyles into one. None of that is to say, of course, that you can't do it, but consider that small annoyances like that are just one part of it. What if you don't like the area? If you move without visiting prior, he will be the only person you know, leaving you dependent on him for entertainment and company until you meet new people. And try to remember that online you are each able to be and act precisely how you want the world to perceive you. In "real life" you lose that advantage and people can see you for who you truly are. That, of course, isn't a bad thing, but it could change things.

What do you plan to do when you move there? Find work? Attend school? Your family is going to remain incredibly nervous if you don't have a plan.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 692488 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!