Thread: Female Advice Preferred: When you first got Anorexia
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22 Points: 23,828, Level: 22

Re: When you first got Anorexia - July 28th 2011, 07:40 PM

For most of my adolesence, I have suffered from anorexia nervosa. For the longest time I had not come to the realization that what I was doing was incredibly harmful to my mental and physical health. During most of that period, I looked at thinspo and researched more into low calorie foods. I became obsessed with the alternative communities that existed online. Healthy people do not choose to make themselves ill. I've come to the conclusion that those looking for ways of control are not totally healthy themselves.

It does not get easier. When you are far into your disorder, it will seem almost impossible to get out since you have been living with it and have been consumed by it for so long. That is when you will need the support of your loved ones the most. Recovery can be incredibly difficult, even more so on one's own. It is entirely possible though as long as you hold on to the little bit of hope of getting well and living free from the disorder.

I hope this has given you some insight. If you'd like to continue to talk, I welcome you to send me a message.

-Sylvie

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."