View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
pookie15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: If I wasn't alive, none of this would have happened. - August 2nd 2011, 05:05 AM

Hi Mia, I am so sorry that you have to go through something like this. Even though the same situation isn't happening to me, I can understand where you are coming from with your title, "If I wasn't alive, none of this would have happened." My parents make me feel the same way, except mine married because of fear of having a child out of wedlock. They certainly aren't the most compatible people, and many a time have considered divorce. My father has also been abusive and horrible to my half-brother and half-sister. Constantly, I feel that my mother, sister, and brother would have been so much better off without me. That I would take it back, and if it was my choice, and knew what pain my life would cause others, I wouldn't want to have been born. I am just simply not worth it. But, then a friend told me her point of view. She said to me that it was my parents' choice to have me, and that they had different options once I was conceived. But they chose to keep the child and try to make it work. Their decisions are what made today, well, today, not me. That I shouldn't feel guilt for living. It is my given life, and if my life was given to me at the cost of some, then mine must be worth something after all. Hopefully this helps you in some way. Again, I empathize with your situation and wish you the best in your struggles. Good luck. Stay Strong. <3, pookie